Story thread · 2 reports / 2 sources
'Business as usual': UAE schools to open as planned despite missile alerts
thenationalnews.com · 21h · first report

How the coverage leans
Across 2 sources · syndicated copies counted once
Schools in the UAE are all set to welcome pupils for the 2026-27 academic year, with principals saying there are no changes to opening arrangements despite the renewed missile alerts this week. As campuses prepare to open their gates to more than a million pupils on August 31, school leaders said that no new guidance had been issued and that there were no changes to plans for the start of the new academic year. Michael Strachan, head of the secondary school at Arcadia British School, spoke of the safety procedures in place and said they would not affect the overall return-to-school experience for children. “The key thing is business as usual. We have a wonderful set-up for our emergency procedures. The likelihood of anything impacting us is incredibly small,” he said. “Yes, we have to be mindful of the region and what is happening. That shouldn't have a negative impact on the overall experience of the children in the school. Yes, we are prepared, in the same way we do fire drills and l
The coverage
- UAE schools share update ahead of new term following recent missile alerts
arabianbusiness.com · 1h
The conversation · 0
Sign in to join the conversation.
No comments yet — start the thread.