Story thread · 4 reports / 2 sources
Interior Minister: Measures Taken at Bezmer Air Base for Much Higher Threat Level Than That Reported by Security Services
bta.bg · 5h · first report

How the coverage leans
Across 2 sources · syndicated copies counted once
Interior Minister Ivan Demerdzhiev told a briefing at the Council of Ministers on Wednesday that in coordination with the Ministry of Defence and under the direction of the Prime Minister, the Interior Ministry has taken all possible measures for Bezmer Air Base, including measures to address a much higher level of threat than the one reported by the security services and indicated by the information coming in. "We are constantly monitoring the situation and developments and will continue to take precautionary measures that are far more extensive and intensive than the level of threat indicated by the information available at the moment," Demerdzhiev added. On July 22, the Bulgarian Parliament authorized the presence of up to eight US Air Force KC-135 aerial refuelling aircraft and up to 250 US military personnel at Bezmer Air Base in Southeastern Bulgaria from July 24 to October 1, 2026, in support of US operations in the Middle East. Earlier on Wednesday, The Financial Times said on
The coverage
The conversation · 0
Sign in to join the conversation.
No comments yet — start the thread.