Story thread · 2 reports / 2 sources

Final report on Wang Fuk delayed until end of October

rthk.hk · 8h · first report

The independent committee investigating the deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court in Tai Po last November has secured Chief Executive John Lee's approval to delay the submission of its report, pushing the deadline to the end of October. "Issues within our terms of reference are numerous and complex," the committee said on Tuesday. "More time is required for it to analyse and study the large amount of information submitted by various parties." The committee was set up by the chief executive on December 12 last year to review the cause of the fire and recommend measures to prevent similar incidents. It formally began work on December 19. Since then, it has conducted site visits to the buildings, heard 30 days of oral testimony from 80 witnesses, and examined expert reports and legal submissions. The committee said it continues to process more than one million files of written evidence and other materials that are still being received, while the drafting of the report has begun. Under the origina

The coverage

  1. Committee probing Tai Po fire delays submission of report till end of October

    scmp.com · 8h

The conversation · 0

Sign in to join the conversation.

No comments yet — start the thread.