Story thread · 2 reports / 2 sources

Conor Benn told he faces ‘big problem’ for Ryan Garcia fight over weight concern

talksport.com · 7h · first report

talkSPORT Boxing’s Spencer Oliver believes Conor Benn’s weight is a real concern going into his world title clash with Ryan Garcia. Benn will return to the welterweight division for the first time in four years to challenge for Garcia’s WBC title on September 12 . Benn is cutting down to 147lbs for the fight, and there are fears he may struggle In recent times, Benn has fought at much higher weights including at 160lbs in his rematch with Chris Eubank Jr, and at 154lbs in his last victory against Regis Prograis in April. But he will be forced to shed another 7lbs to come back down to where he boxed for so many years during his rise to stardom. ‘The Destroyer’ has already spoken about his struggles so far in cutting weight and gradually preparing to make the limit. He has already made a dramatic transformation and already looks in lean shape. But Oliver anticipates his return to a lower limit is a big concern, and a factor as to why he is picking Garcia for victory. “The weight could be

The coverage

  1. World champion says ‘juice heads’ Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn ducked him: “I could end them”

    boxingnewsonline.net · 2h

The conversation · 0

Sign in to join the conversation.

No comments yet — start the thread.